Birth to Adolescence and beyond
The services we provide involve work in habilitation and rehabilitation. We work with children, adolescents or adults to maintain, restore or improve skills and as a consequence improve how the person functions in activities of daily life.
We hold contracts with Accident Compensation Corporation to provide Training for Independence Programmes for children and adults with injury related conditions, such as traumatic brain injury. We also work with private clients and can offer advice and referrals on request.
Our main focus is on children’s services. Many of the adolescents and adults we work with are the grown children that we began working with in their very early years. Follow link for more information specifically for Children’s Therapy Services.
What we do:
- We offer a wide range of Specialist Therapies provided by a professional team of experienced therapists.
- Our therapists create individual needs-based programmes.
- We assist with technology and training in its practical use.
- We come prepared with a comprehensive range of innovative and effective toys, technology, resources and therapy equipment.
- We provide a stimulating environment of challenge, patience and encouragement.
- We plan and provide graded activities for all levels.
- Our services are provided in the home or a familiar place such as preschool or school. While delivering our one-on-one services, we work with families so they can continue practicing each new skill in their own time.
- We make therapy fun and engaging for the child. Often the activities are such that the child does not realise they are doing the work and practicing the skills, and are simply having fun.
- We can support the transition from home to a busy and social environment. For example a return to work or school.
- With smaller children we work with the families so they can continue the activities and practice the skills together.
- We provide information or education to ensure you have peace of mind that you are doing all you can do to help your loved one reach their highest potential.
- We offer friendly advice and understanding from our comprehensive and diverse experience working with children and families.
We care for the full range of needs, including:
- TBI – Traumatic Brain Injury from mild (sometimes referred to as concussion) to severe brain injury.
- Cerebral Palsy
- Concentration issues.
- Nausea and Headaches.
- Wheel chair or power wheel chair training
- Computers to access education, recreation and organisation.
- Communication devices and technology.
- Assistance with accessing resources.
- Developing fine-tuning motor skills- hand dominance, bilateral skills and inhand manipulation
- Literacy development
- Sensory processing
- Perceptual motor skills
- Self care- such as eating and dressing
We work with adults and children who may have lost one or more skills for a variety of reasons, including sickness, injury or disability. Our range of services includes occupational therapy, physiotherapy, neuro-developmental and vestibular therapy, speech-language therapy, psychology and additional services provided by nurses, social workers and coaches. For more information on our specialists, visit our our therapists page.
We can work with or provide a referral for anyone who has had an injury.
Most of our work comes through ACC, as we are a contracted team who provide a range of rehabilitation services by qualified and very experienced therapists.